2017 by Martin
We are seeking to appoint a General Manager:
LEAD A WELL RESPECTED & HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS
MARKET LEADING INDEPENDENT LAND ROVER SPECIALISTS
WORLDWIDE MAIL ORDER RETAIL & TRADE SALES – SKILLED WORKSHOPS
ESTABLISHED 30 YEARS – AMBITIOUS FUTURE PLANS
LOUTH, LINCOLNSHIRE, UK
OUR BUSINESS PROFILE:
Established in 1988, Famous Four Products are celebrating 30 years of catering for the needs of Land Rover and Range Rover enthusiasts throughout the UK and around the World, through direct sales, workshop facilities and mail order. Continued business growth throughout these 30 years sees us operating from tailored premises in Louth. Famous Four have long been recognised as leaders of customer-friendly, globally active independent Land Rover specialists. We remain passionately committed to our customer focus, professional integrity and to retaining a sincere and unique business personality in a global online world.
Proudly independent, we currently employ 15 staff across workshop, mail order and counter sales, and goods warehousing and despatch. We are in the process of a major investment to expand our existing site facilities, enabling us to grow to a new level without compromising our exemplary customer service and professional standards.
Our organisation is broadly divided into 1) parts distribution and 2) workshop services (servicing, diagnostics, repairs, restoration). Over 50% of all sales are overseas.
We have ambitious but well-balanced growth plans across both arms of the business, to offer increased workshop facilities along with exciting new and uniquely manufactured products, extra warehousing and sales capacity, to raise our business profile in a fast expanding worldwide market in the field of independent Land Rover and Range Rover products and services.
As part of this growth we are creating a key new role, and seek to appoint an enthusiastic, people-focused General Manager to work at the highest levels to ensure continued success, and business growth for the long term.
THE ROLE PROFILE
This key role will report directly to our two founding Directors and will quickly take on operational responsibility for the whole organisation with considerable influence on our strategic development.
You will make an immediate, positive contribution to the business through:
- Leading and developing our existing talented and valued teams
- Maintaining and enhancing our excellent team spirit
- Implementation of new initiatives to support business improvement and growth
- Facilitation of our premises expansion plans
- Developing our business profile with existing and new customers
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on staffing / team management and development including recruitment, appraisals and reviews
- Supporting short and long-term business planning processes
- Leading through structured, regular communications
- Effective and efficient workload management, scheduling and co-ordination
- Day-to-day financial management and business performance monitoring
- Marketing and business development leadership, particularly in areas such as social media finding new ways to connect with our customers
- Overseeing and improving distribution and stock control processes
- Development and implementation of company policy across the business including Health and Safety, IT, Quality, HR, premises, insurances etc.
- Ensuring that the company operates with commitment to internal and external customer service and quality standards
YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE
You will be an experienced, innovative manager, used to working autonomously, yet in a customer-focused team environment and ideally in a related sector to ours. Your skills will quickly enable you to establish your leadership role within a well-established team, building on its considerable strengths and track-record of long-term success. Business and management qualifications are valued, although your engaging, people focused approach along with your commercial acumen are equally important.
As a person, you will ideally have:
- A positive, enterprising approach
- Management experience within a similar or related business environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A people-oriented approach to bring the best out of our talented team
- Curiosity and innovation to improve our business processes and customer service standards
- Commercial awareness
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Personal commitment to the highest standards of customer service
- The ability to build trusting working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- A personal interest in motor vehicles
This position is pivotal to our long-term plans and you will demonstrate the potential to develop your role further with the business.
We offer a highly competitive salary package in a thriving business environment with great potential to develop yourself and the business – with further rewards connected to your contribution and business success. This position is pivotal to our long-term plans and you will demonstrate the potential and long-term commitment to develop further with the business.
TO APPLY OR FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter:
FAO Martin Stebbings
Famous Four Products Ltd.
Fairfield Industrial Estate